“The greater danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it” - Michaelangelo
What are your expectations for your training this week?
Are you looking ahead thinking you’re going to have to cancel, cut short or compromise your goals? Have you lowered your expectations of what you are capable of getting done over the next seven days?
Never plan your week or start your workouts from a ‘depleted’ mindset. Decisions made from a state of exhaustion, frustration or negativity will not bring out the best in you.
Every day is a new start – a chance to do better and aim higher, and this is even stronger on a Monday. Start your week and your training off on the right foot, by making concrete plans to excel.
This week’s key thought: AIM HIGHER
- Aim higher.
- Aim for making each workout OUTSTANDING.
- Aim for making each day a day of progress towards your biggest goals.
- Aim for bringing the best of you to each meeting, each meal, each moment with friends.
- Pick 1 area of your life or training where you want to aim higher for the next 7 days.
- Complete this sentence: “When I look back at the end of this week, I will be most proud of how I…”
- Take 2 actions right now to set yourself on the path to make that happen.
For example, your answer to Step 2 could be related to how you managed your time better, how you choose to eat healthy when temptations were around or that you didn’t hit the snooze button once when starting each day with a great workout. It might be worth writing all these things down in your journal to find out what’s working best for you and what’s not.
Your actions right now could include blocking time in your calendar for your workouts, copy and pasting this week’s quote into your mobile phone reminder app, or calling a friend to hold you accountable.
Take a few minutes to plan for success.
Set your expectations high.
Make it an epic week.
P.S. Is there a topic, question or favourite quote you’d like to share? Leave us a comment and let us know. We’d love to hear from you.
The Mindset Moment is a little reminder, a friendly nudge and a caring kick up the backside to keep you on track to achieve your potential and goals. Just what we all need to jumpstart the week and always be at our best.